Monday, May 5, 2008

Tournament Crazyness

Well its been another crazy last couple of weeks here in Spain, however I haven't yet seen a the likes of a bull.  Not that I am particularily keen on finding a bull, but I just thought, to some extent I am not exactly living up to the title of this blog.... However I hope that you continue to bestow your grace upon me as I wait for my first encounter.....(which may still be awhile yet)  In any event, there have been all sorts of things happening as of late.  We spent last week and the week prior, preparing a soccer tournament that we as a ministry hosted.  So the week was more or less filled with visits to local soccer fields/courts, and spreading the word on the upcoming tournament.  The challenge was that we were only able to start truly advertising 3 days before the tournament date......Which seems like a short span of time... And in Canada there is no way that would work, however with some serious prayer, and only half the amount of teams signed up the morning before the tournament, God yet again provided, and we were able to host a 10 team tournament, and build some relationships with the diverse makeup of  teams that attended.    With the tournament wrapped up, I have now taken it upon myself to put some time working on my Spanish grammer....cause it's somewhat sad potatoes..... So this past week I went to search out a week long Spanish language school, where I could do just that.  Upon meeting the lady in charge, she put me through a quick placement test.... My conversational Spanish was good, but my grammer had definately seen better days... well maybe not.... But anyway it wasn't so good.  So with that said and done, I am now taking a Spanish course this week, and I actually have to go there right now, so I am gonna go do just that.  Maybe I will see a bull on the way.  
Be Blessed,
Matt

No comments: