Monday, March 17, 2008

The Land of the Spanish....folks

Well, after an insanely long trip of crazy sorts, almost missing one flight, I am here in the land of the Spanish....folks!

What an long trip! haha, things are good though. After departing from Cleveland, I arrived in New York. My plane in New York, ended up being delayed on the airstrip.... For most cases this wouldn't be anything to fuss over, however in my particular case......I only had a 1 hour and 10 minute layover in Dublin before my flight (this is to go through customs and security and all....which in an hour and 10 minutes isnt a problem..) However we ended up being delayed for about 45 minutes in New York...Meaning it was time to see how fast Matt Hama could dash (...i say "dash", just because this is a case which called for something other than running.... dashing requires much more agility you see..) through the Dublin Airport. So after slipping around and stumbling here and there and getting laughed at by the odd Irish family, I made it to my next flight. And then into Madrid. From Madrid I had to hop a train, and pull out some Spanish dialect and then take a 6 hour bus to Granada. To make a long story short, I made it here and God placed some sweet Christian people along the way to direct me and lead me safely with all my luggage at my destination. (I even had an elderly Irish man give me a candy on the way, (which i didn't eat mom, its ok I still remember that rule;), but it was great nonetheless).

Anyway, arriving in Granada, I was a tad uncertain as to how my living accomodations would look. And as you all know, with my need for funnyness in life, I was a tad worried as to the personnas of my roommates and there interests. (pretty much whether or not we could joke together..) You see God is so good. First off, I have two roomates, one the same age as me, and the other is 25. And we have already shared many laughs in the few hours that we hae had together. One is an incredible musician, which is right up my alley, and the other one plays guitar as well...(so many a evening jam sessions will be on the horizon.). One is a soccer player, and they both speak English and Spanish. They are both goof balls and they are so hospitable. I feel at home already. And on top of it all, God even has one of these guys share the same favourite musician artist as me. Its incredible. God is faithful.

I want to encourage you all in this, that although God takes care of the basic things, I don't beleive He is a God who tells us to take what we can get and cut our losses. He cares about the little things too, and He is faithful in both big and little.
God's faithful
Love ya all, I'd love to hear from you
Matt

4 comments:

Unknown said...

saweetness man, i miss your face, learn some spanish guitar while you're over k? then you can come back and teach me

Ashley said...

Hey Matt! Great shout out to your mama! Haha, that was awesome.

I looooooooove hearing of travels-especially missions. Perhaps one day...no, I BELIEVE I will be on a mission somewhere far far away one day. Nonetheless, our time here ON EARTH, is a mission in itself...so I can't take it for granted that where I am is not a calling already. *sigh* things to think about.

Truly God has his hands covering you. Looks like the calling was clear, and it's really encouraging to hear! It's also a true testiment of your heart-he knows your heart is in the right place.

Be blessed and be ready....for anything and everything. ;-)

CShimaura said...

Hey Matt - your Mom gave us your blog info when we were up in the Puddle - we got there about the same time you arrived in Dublin. We're looking forward to reading your blog and keeping track of your travels. Blessings on you.
love from Auntie Cathie and Uncle Wes

CShimaura said...

P.S. Got a good laugh reading about you not eating the candy from the stranger. Good boy for remembering your Mom's advice. :-)