Monday, March 31, 2008

Squeeky wheels and Grocery shopping

Ok, so here's a little funny story, and a tad bit of advice for all you first time shoppers.  As I am learning to shop for groceries on my own, I have run into a few funny circumstances that were in the category of being really quite annoying at the time, but good for a story later on.  Anyway, today I returned to my beloved grocery provider.  Only to find that the one cart I decided to take for a spin that day, seemed to sound as if they put a dying cat in 3 out of the four wheels... So as I paraded my 3 dying cats and one wheeled shopping cart, the young Canadian boy was the head turner of the grocery store...Which just happened to be a tad bit busier than usual on this beloved day.  For those of you who have ever grown up with a rusty car, noisy, old vehicle, will understand definately how I felt.  (which I also can understand, when my family used to own this old dodge car that I felt embarassed to get picked up in...nothing against your purchase Dad, but that old brown car with the rust above the wheelwells just wasn't the most crowd appealing car...)  But ya, it was junky cart... That's for sure... So ya, I headed aisle to aisle, with my family dying cats hiding in my cart, I figured today was as good of a day as any to look for q-tips..... Bad Idea.... Q-tips, just like Oatmeal is very hard to find in this particular grocery store... And as I searched high and low for them... I realized that I had no idea as to contents of the products conveniently stacked around me... Who knew that the womens hygeine product aisle was the one I would find myself searching for q-tips in that day.... And we also all must remember my cart selection that day didn't make for my to easily escape this particular aisle unnoticed whatsoever... So there I was Mr. Squeeky cart, and my family of injured cats, or birds or some rediculous animal, trying to escape the aisle that I no man is ever supposed to have to go down...  So if anyone says God doesn't have a sense of humour, I must contest.  Anyway, those are my few helpful hints for all you greenhorn shoppers.  Happy Shopping...
Matt

P.S I never found my q-tips....

1 comment:

trisha said...

I am so proud of you Matty.... Sorry about the q tips. Hey do you want me to send you some? Love Auntie Trisha